Editor’s note: This all is still very good valid advice. Except maybe the part about my mom’s house but no one ever expects the global economic collapse/Spanish inquisition. Also, B. seems pretty sure that only my mom *or* I could have survived my 20s living together. She’s known me since I was eight so I tend to think she’s right. Also, wow. Boys and girls were very flattering to me when I was 23. Who knew that one day the world would not be an endless stream of praise cakes? Not me. Not me.
Also, I’ve learned that even when I land on my ass, I do it like a cat. (Totally meant to do that! *Pose!*)
Quotes of the last day or two:
* “Let it go, small sparrow.” (from a coworker re: a bizarre fortune cookie fortune that made too much sense)
* “She needs you more than you need her and that’s how you’ll get the upper hand. Besides, you’re a sexy bitch so you’ll be fine.”
* “If I was your exboyfriend, I’d be having a nervous breakdown too. I don’t think I could bear once having you and then not, it would feel like being Adam and getting thrown out of Eden.”
* “But you learned never to be that young and stupid again.” (another coworker)
* “You will be fun and suave and you can sit in my lap.”
* “Don’t worry about it, just do it. You will never say to yourself, ‘I wished I stayed longer in my mother’s house.’”
* “My fun dancing polar bear zen kitten of spooky doom.”
* “Anything less than extrodinary isn’t worth doing.” (from Dreams for an Insomniac)
* “It’s not owning what you want/ it’s wanting what you got.”
More to come soon! The wheel is spinning, I feel it. The only question is will i land like a cat or on my ass?